CNN has announced new international news apps available for the iPhone and iPod touch. The apps are available at the Apple App Store and provide you with the ability to follow news by topic, upload iReports, watch video, and more. CNN already has a domestic app available for download.
Features include push notification, regionalisation and personalisation tools, and more. News from around the globe can be viewed through text, video, and photos, as well as content uploaded through iReport from users.
Nick Wrenn, Vice President of digital services for CNN International said of the apps, "Our users, including many business travelers, understand that the world is a highly connected place. Our aim with the CNN App is to serve their mobile needs, putting relevant news, analysis and video right at their fingertips in a form that is both personally relevant and easy to use."
Here is a more detailed look at what the apps have to offer:
- "My CNN" allows users to follow a story or topic and get alerts when something new related to that topic or story is published.
- Users can save stories to read offline.
- Readers can choose a particular area such as Middle East, Africa, Asia, or Europe to get news from.
- iReport allows users to upload video and pictures to CNN's user-generated news community, weigh in on other news stories, and view what others have to say or post.
- The app features easy to navigate news headlines from several categories, including "Top Stories," various regions of the world, business, travel, tech, sports, and entertainment.
- Stories are easy to view and easy to share via email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Videos are available on demand.
For more information, visit the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPod touch or CNN.com. The international app is free.