BlackBerry by Research in Motion
- BlackBerrys have been on the market since 2002.
- They were originally made for the corporate world but have since become consumer devices as well.
- BlackBerrys are very durable (something to keep in mind if you're always on the go).
- There are many different models available, many of which are pleasing to the eye.
- The phone's keyboard is easy to use and offers a number of shortcuts.
- BlackBerrys have an excellent battery life and out-perform the other phones in this category.
- There aren't nearly as many apps for BlackBerrys as there are for the other phones.
- Blackberry Apps are more expensive than those for iPhone and Android.
- The phone can't seem to completely shake its corporate image. (This could be a pro or a con, but many average consumers see it as a con.)
- Web browsing on the BlackBerry is not as great as on the other phones.
iPhone by Apple
- The iPhone debuted in 2007.
- The phone has a strong fan base, much of which came from Apple brand loyalty.
- The App Store has more apps available for the iPhone than you could ever imagine.
- The iPhone uses Safari for web browsing and overall, it provides a much better online experience than the other phones.
- It has a sleek, shiny look that is very pleasing to the eye.
- Its operating system has a lot more features than those of the other phones.
- The iPhone breaks very easily. A friend of mine purchased one about a year ago, dropped it on his kitchen table the day he got it and to this day, it still has a huge crack in it.
- If you're looking for a business smartphone, the iPhone may not be it. It's designed for the average consumer.
- The iPhone has a very short battery life which seems to get worse over time.
- Right now, AT&T is the only carrier for the iPhone.
Android by Google
- You can find the Android operating system on a number of different devices.
- Android started out on Google-brand hardware which didn't last very long
- Android recently became the top-selling mobile operating system.
- The Android Market may not have quite the apps the Apple App Store does, but it's giving the company a run for its money.
- You can choose from a number of different hardware options.
- Android offers Microsoft ActiveSync for corporate messaging.
- Like the iPhone, many of the Android devices offer a very short battery life.
- Even though there are tons of Android apps out there, a lot of them are bad. Really bad.
Looking for a Technology Rental to help you GO? Call 800-736-8772 today to reserve a Laptop Rental for your next trip.